Tuesday, January 4, 2011
January
I can't believe it is already 2011! I guess time really does fly when you are having fun. Just a reminder that our homework is given out every Monday and then it is due back on Friday. Homework should only last 30 minutes per night. The students have spelling words to write, a couple of minutes of math review (they should bring home thier timed test from school each night and they can work on the back side of it), and then should read for approximately 20 minutes (or until their 30 minutes of homework is complete). Our reading reward each month is based on if the homework is brought back to school or not. I have the same few children each month hurridly staying in from break trying to catch up their missing homework pages so they can go to the reward activity. I am going to start not letting that happen. The homework is to be done at home nightly, so if it is not done, they will miss the activities. I am not trying to be mean, but research shows that 10 minutes per grade level of homework is helpful in a child's academic success. On another note, please make sure your child is coming to school dressed appropriately for the weather. On extremely frigid days, the children are allowed to stay inside, but we try and have them outside for break as much as possible. On January 10th, we will be having a student teacher start in our room for 6 weeks. I am excited to welcome her to our class. She will be sending home a letter introducing herself. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break. Breaks are wonderful and refreshing, but it is always nice to get back in a schedule again. I love teaching this great group of kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment